- Accessibility for Clients with Disabilities
Jim Peplinski Leasing Inc. (JPLI) is committed to service excellence for all customers including people with disabilities, and will strive to ensure that its policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the following core principles as outlined in the AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act):
- DIGNITY: Goods and services are provided in a manner that is respectful to persons with a disability and does not diminish the person’s importance.
- INDEPENDANCE: Accommodating a person’s disability means respecting their right to do for themselves and to choose the way they wish to receive goods and services.
- INTEGRATION: Persons with disabilities can access all goods and services. This may require alternative formats and flexible approaches. It means inclusiveness and full participation. This is a fundamental human right.
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Service is provided to persons with disabilities in a way that their opportunity to access goods and services is equal to that given to others.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JPLI welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
JPLI’s Accessible Customer Service Plan
JPLI’s Accessible Customer Service plan is outlined below, and includes details regarding assistive devices, communication, service animals, support person(s), temporary disruptions, training, feedback and notice of availability:
- Assistive devices – JPLI will ensure that our staff members are trained and familiar with any assistive devices that we have on site that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our products or services.
- Communication – JPLI will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
- Service animals – JPLI welcomes people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
- Support persons – A person with a disability is welcome to be accompanied by a support person(s) on our premises.
- Notice of temporary disruption – In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, JPLI will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be made available at the branch location, as well as on our website.
- Training – JPLI will provide training to employees who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- JPLI’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to use the any equipment or devices that JPLI that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing JPLI’s goods and services.
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to JPLI’s accessible service plan.
- Feedback process – Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way JPLI provides products and services to people with disabilities should do so through our website. Please visit jimpeplinski.ca.”
All feedback, including complaints, will be reviewed and acted upon by JPLI’s Director of Operations & Human Resources.
- Notice of availability – JPLI’s Accessibility policies will remain available for review by visiting our website.
JPLI will modify or remove any policy that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities.